Gift Ideas for Boys age 5 to 12
Boys 5 to 8: Boys are starting school and developing communication skills. They enjoy active sports and spending hours in unconstructed play with their friends.
Boys 8 to 12: Tastes and preferences become more obvious. Boys attention span increases and they will enjoy more structure in their activities.
To dress with a minimum of fuss: Many boys
are in too big a hurry doing something else to notice what they are wearing.
They do like fashionable trainers that fit, denim jeans, sweatshirts/Tshirts with
cartoon characters/sports heroes/ TV action men motifs.
To choose their own hairstyle: Comb, brush,
hair gel, haircut.
To look cool at school:
Backpack, snack box, folders, textas, pens/pencils, pencil case, diary, wallet.
To share the experience:
Interactive computer games, internet access, Skype, Mobile phone, camera,
Corkboard for bedroom.
To get around:
Bicycle (helmet, light, pump, puncture proof tube and tyres), scooter,
skateboard (Wrist/knee guards).
To play sports:
Sports towel/bag/water bottle,
- Baseball (bat, ball, uniform, cap, gloves), Cricket (bat, ball,
stumps, gloves, cap)
- Tennis (racquet, balls, lessons)
- Swimming (swimsuit, towel, goggles, coaching)
- Horse riding (horse, saddle, helmet, boots, lessons)
- Athletics (running spikes, shorts, vest)
- Golf (appropriate sized club set, lessons from Mum and Dad)
- Sailing (sunglasses, flotation jacket, zinc cream, lessons, skiff)
- Fishing (line/hook/sinker, zinc cream, bucket , bait)
- Football/Soccer/Rugby (ball, jersey, shorts, shin protection, registration)
- Skiing/snowboarding (skis, snow pants/jacket, sunglasses, sunscreen)
- friends to stay over ( trundle bed, sleeping bag, DVDs, computer games),
- day at the Beach (swimsuit, towel, bag, sunglasses, spray on sunscreen, flippers, snorkel set, skimboard, surfrider),
- Events with the family and friends (Movie pass, concert tickets, sporting event tickets, circus)
- reading (books, subscription magazine, join local library)
- playing computer games (Computer, games, joystick, XBox, Play Station, Wii)
- listening to music (iPod, CDs, DVDs, CD player)
- constructing things (Lego, Meccano set, Balsa wood airplanes, Action figures)
- sketching and painting (paper, paints, pencils, pastels, brushes)
- making things move (train set, battery operated sailing boat, battery controlled racing car)
Find More Gift Ideas...
- Coaching in their favourite sport
- Acting classes
- Language classes
- Reading coaching , with family or a language teacher
- Cooking (classes, apron, mitt, cookie cutters, books)
- Music/ instrument/band
Back to Gift Ideas
Find more Gift Ideas for Males
Today I Wish has gift suggestions for boys and men of all ages. For more helpful present ideas, try some of our other
sections listed here.
Boys aged 5-12 |
Starting school, starting to play sports and develop more refined tastes.
Boys aged 12-18
Teenage boys needing gifts to suit their lives.
Boy's 18th Birthday
Special gifts for a young man.
Boys aged 18-21
Unique gifts to prepare him for adult life.
Boy's 21st Birthday
Huge list of gift ideas for a 21 year old.
Men aged 21-40
Presents for a busy young man.
Man's 30th Birthday
Find a gift for a man's 30th birthday.
Men aged 40-60
Stylish and creative gift ideas for men over 40 and 50.
Men aged 60-70
Top gift ideas for a man over 60 and 70.